Friday, April 4, 2014

Before sleep

I was in bed last night, not asleep, in what is the most comfortable position for trying to fall asleep.  Imagine climbing up a wall, left arm extended upward, left leg bent so as to
make a lower case 'q' when connected to your right leg.  Then remove the wall and fall on your face.  Comfortable.

Thinking about this blog was keeping me awake.  I want many of my blog entries to be fiction, as I alluded to in my first post.  My first thought was:  just post, let people read, and make of it what they will.  Then I imagined what might come of any fictional entries I write in first person.   Since thousands upon thousands of people will be reading this thing, I could really get myself into some sticky situations if they don't know the rules.

So I decided, starting with the next post, to let the reader know, in the heading, if it is fiction or non-fiction, and anything else that might be pertinent.  Remember, this is meant to be a practice field for my writing fancy. I believe I can get better feedback (I know I'm going to get tons :) if readers know what I am trying to accomplish.

Again, thanks for reading.  I have a short story coming next...

No comments:

Post a Comment